Sundays In NY workshops teach you how to use your camera technically, inspire you aesthetically, then lovingly critiqued for a direction, style and a new found passion. – Judith Farber, founder
Sundays in NY Photography Workshops (SINY) was created by documentary and travel photographer, Judith Farber as a fun, creative, inspiring group activity on a Sunday in New York.
All cameras from cell, point and shoot to professional SLR/DSLR’s are welcome, including all photography levels and ages, beginners to professionals. Learn to use compelling and persuasive tools to expand your vision and style, documenting what you see to a higher level. Whether it’s a hobby, a profession or merely a creative expression, there’s something in it for all ages to explore and enjoy with little or no preparation. Or is there?
Where ever you are on your photo journey, here are some suggested steps to enhance your skills.
Here’s some order to that process
1. Purchase a great point and shoot or DSLR (ok or iPhone 7+), choose one that is comfortable to hold along with lenses that offers the distance that works for you
2. Take Technical session to understand the functions of your camera
3. Take Composition to learn “how to see,” creating perfect framing intuitively
4. Get your Images Critiqued, with an Photo Critique Private Session for instant feedback in how/what to do to improve photos going from blah to amazing, become skillful at self-editing, find your style and your passion
5. Learn Post Processing to manipulate your photos. The software varies from simple iPhoto apps, Picassa, Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 (free), Adobe Photoshop Elements (for basics, $120, latest is 12) to the more complex, Adobe Photoshop (latest is CC) and added workflow management tools of Apple Aperture, or Adobe Lightroom. We offer a private Photoshop or Lightroom session
6. Have fun! Share and display your photos, enter contests, gallery shows, use as gifts
7. Practice! Take specialized sessions that might include Portrait, Night, iPhone, Landscape, Lighting, Architecture, etc
Special report, The Art Of Seeing
Click on the Workshop section for further detailed information….and begin your creative journey now!
Sundays In NY has been featured in The New York Times, Daily Candy, Double Exposure, Amazon, NY Open Center, City Bird