Sundays In NY workshops teach you how to use your camera technically, inspire you aesthetically, then lovingly critiqued for a direction, style and a new found passion. - Judith Farber, founder
Sundays in NY Photography Workshops (SINY) was created by documentary and travel photographer, Judith Farber as a fun, creative, inspiring group activity on a Sunday in New York.
All cameras from cell, point and shoot to professional SLR/DSLR’s are welcome, including all photography levels and ages, beginners to professionals. Learn to use compelling and persuasive tools to expand your vision and style, documenting what you see to a higher level. Whether it’s a hobby, a profession or merely a creative expression, there’s something in it for all ages to explore and enjoy with little or no preparation. Or is there?
Where ever you are on your photo journey, there are specific steps and classes offered to enhance your skills.
Here’s some order to that process
1. Purchase a great point and shoot or DSLR that is comfortable to hold along with lenses that give you the capability to do what you love (ok, latest iPhones too!)
2. Take Technical session to understand the functions of your camera
3. Take Composition 1 (can be taken before or after the Technical class) and Comp 2, learn how to see, creating perfect framing
4. Get your Images Critiqued, with an Photo Critique Webinar or Private Session for the crucial feedback in how/what to do to improve your photos going from blah to great, skillful at self-editing, find your style, and so much more
5. Learn Post Processing to manipulate your photos. The software varies from simple iPhoto apps, Picassa, Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 (free), Adobe Photoshop Elements (for basics, $120, latest is 12) to the more complex, Adobe Photoshop (latest is CC) and added workflow management tools of Apple Aperture, or Adobe Lightroom. We offer a private Photoshop or Lightroom session
6. Have fun! Share and display your photos, enter contests, use as gifts
7. Practice! Take specialized private sessions that might include Portrait, Night, iPhone, Landscape, Lighting, Architecture, etc
Special report, The Art Of Seeing
Click on the Workshop section for further detailed information….and begin your creative journey now!
Sundays In NY has been featured in The New York Times, Daily Candy, Double Exposure, Amazon, NY Open Center, City Bird