GOING TO CUBA!
Join in on the most exceptional learning experience to Cuba with an experienced travel photographer who has been going for the last 17 years and familiar with the best locations. You won’t find a better host to take you to this vibrant country. Create compelling and unique travel photos with a greater sense of purpose and vision. Open to all skill levels. Havana is 8 days, Havana and Trinidad are 12 days (they sell out!).
December 10-21st 2014 – Havana and Trinidad
March 2-13th 2015 – Havana and Trinidad
April 29 – May 5th 2015 – Havana
This is a legal licensed trip open to all photo skill levels. Whether it’s the antique American cars, the gorgeous old faded buildings, the kids diving off the Malecón wall into the crystal blue ocean or the colorful friendly warm people, you’ll want to go before the embargo comes down and is flooded with tourists. The trick is not what to take photos of, but how to sort through the endless photographic possibilities. Email Judith if you are interested - jf(at)SundaysInNY.com
SESSIONS FOR FALL 2014
Fall Composition locations can include Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Central Park
HIGHLY SUGGESTED TO TAKE A PRIVATE SESSION!
Composition 1 is held on Sundays at either Grand Central (Winter) or Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (Spring/Summer/Fall) both perfect locations to learn the basic, simple exercises geared to beginners for obtaining a good foundation in understanding composition and framing. In this class you learn to train your eye in “how to see.” Add the Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
Composition 2 (prerequisite: good understanding of your camera’s basic functions). Take the next step with your framing, capturing moments. The street composition sessions are held on Saturdays in neighborhoods: Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, Brooklyn Bridge, The High Line, The Met, The NY Public Library. Add the Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
This is the place to get your photos reviewed, find a common theme, or even find your style. Are you feeling stuck taking the same photos with no improvement? Sign up for the Private Critiquewhere your photos are critiqued in a small group session. Learn self-editing, what your eye is drawn to, find your style, enhance your photos with simple technical tools, etc. The sessions are held live, as group or private. Register online! Add a Composition class to your Private Critique, save $
- All cameras are welcome to the Comp session, Tech Private session needs a DSLR
- Confirmation emails will be sent for classes securing your space, followed by an email 3 days prior to each session with detailed meeting location instructions
- Sessions are paid via Paypal, there are NO refunds if cancelled on day of session.
- Children up to 13 yrs old and participant with a disability may be accompanied by an adult
- WEATHER: Locations are subject to change. In case of inclement weather, class locations might be changed to indoor locations last minute (immediate notification will be sent via cell/text and email). If in doubt or out of the NY area, email for class confirmation
- Group Composition Workshop 1 or 2 – (in RED) 2 hours – $100
- All Private Photo Sessions - $299 for 1 person up to 2 hours, each additional person – $99.
- Photo Critique Private – Receive valuable comments/feedback on your images. Sessions are held online. Private fee: 30 minutes viewing 15 photos – $95, 60 minutes, viewing 40 images – $185.
- Technical Private Workshop – 2 hr private workshop to understand your camera’s basic functions – $299
- Night Photography – 2 hr private workshop photographing NY’s exciting dark side – $299
- Portrait Workshop - 2 hr private workshop learning how to take incredible portraits – $299
- Architecture/Landscape Workshop - 2 hr private session, NYC is the perfect location for this private session! – $299
- Paypal fee refunds are given within 7 days if student cancels 48 hr notice, can reschedule for another date. NO refunds are given if student cancels the day of the session or is a no show.
- Minimum of 3 participants per class
- email jf(a)SundaysInNY.com to schedule classes
PROMO VOUCHER PARTICIPANTS – CHECK YOUR FINE PRINT
- Composition Session promo pick date/time choices of classes in RED ONLY
- Private Critique Session promos are scheduled on weekdays or weeknights. Email cell number and choices of days/times to jf(a)SundaysInNY.com
- To REDEEM send an email with voucher number, date/time, 2 choices, full name and cell phone. A confirmation email will be sent
- Strict 48 hr cancellation policy, no shows=no reschedule
- SIGN UP EARLY!! It is the participant’s responsibility to schedule sessions BEFORE expiration.
- EXPIRED VOUCHER’S value used against the current rate (flat fee – $50)
- Cancellation – 48 hrs notice
- To cancel/reschedule, please send an email to
- Refunds are given within 7 days with 48 hr cancellation notice, or credit applies towards another session
- No refunds are given with cancellation the day of the session
- sorry….NO SHOWS = NO RESCHEDULING = NO REFUND
- Email your choice of a private workshop session (no need to schedule a date)
- Gifts are valid for 6 months
- Meeting instructions will be emailed to recipient or purchaser