WE’RE GOING TO CUBA!
Join in on the most exceptional learning experience to Cuba with an experienced travel photographer who has been going for the last 17 years and familiar with the best locations. You won’t find a better host to take you to this vibrant country. Create compelling and unique travel photos with a greater sense of purpose and vision. Open to all skill levels. Havana is 8 days, Havana and Trinidad are 12 days (they do sell out!).
September 13-20th 2014 – Havana
December 10-21st 2014 – Havana and Trinidad
March 2-13th 2015 – Havana and Trinidad
April 29 – May 5th 2015 – Havana
This is a legal licensed trip open to all photo skill levels. Whether it’s the antique American cars, the gorgeous old faded buildings, the kids diving off the Malecón wall into the crystal blue ocean or the colorful friendly warm people, you’ll want to go before the embargo comes down and is flooded with tourists. The trick is not what to take photos of, but how to sort through the endless photographic possibilities. Email Judith if you are interested - jf(at)SundaysInNY.com
SESSIONS FOR SUMMER 2014
Spring, Summer and Fall Composition locations include Chinatown, The High Line, Spanish Harlem, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, E. Village.
iPhonography, Technical, Portrait, Architecture are held either at Union Square, Wall Street, 5th Avenue.
Winter Comp session locations include Grand Central, NY Public Library, The Met
Tech, Architecture, Portrait are held in Union Square, Grand Central or The Met
Composition 1 is held on Sundays at either Grand Central (Winter) or Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (Spring/Summer/Fall) both perfect locations to learn the basic, simple exercises geared to beginners for obtaining a good foundation in understanding composition and framing. In this class you learn to train your eye in “how to see.” Add the Critique Webinar or Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
Composition 2 (prerequisite: good understanding of your camera’s basic functions). Take the next step with your framing, capturing moments. The street composition sessions are held on Saturdays in neighborhoods: Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, Brooklyn Bridge, The High Line, The Met, The NY Public Library. Add the Critique Webinar or Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
This is the place to get your photos reviewed, find a common theme, or even find your style. Are you feeling stuck taking the same photos with no improvement? Sign up for the Private Critique or Critique Webinar where your photos are critiqued in a small group session. Learn self-editing, what your eye is drawn to, find your style, enhance your photos with simple technical tools, etc. The sessions are held live, as group or private. Register online! Add a Composition class to your Critique Webinar or Private Critique, save $
- All cameras are welcome to the Comp session, Tech class needs a DSLR
- Group sessions are 2 hrs
- F=Full (wait list available)
- Confirmation emails will be sent securing your space, followed by an email 3 days prior to each session with detailed meeting location instructions
- Sessions are paid via Paypal, there are NO refunds if cancelled on day of session.
- Children up to 13 yrs old or a participant with a disability may be accompanied by an adult
- WEATHER: Locations are subject to change. In case of inclement weather, class locations might be changed to indoor locations last minute (immediate notification will be sent via cell/text and email). If in doubt or out of the NY area, email for class confirmation
- Group Composition Workshop 1 or 2 – (in RED) 2 hours – $100
- All Private Photo Sessions - $299 for 1 person up to 2 hours, each additional person – $99.
- Photo Critique Private and Webinars – Receive valuable comments/feedback on your images. Sessions are held online. Webinar fee: $39. Private fee: 30 minutes viewing 25 photos – $95, 60 minutes, viewing 50 images – $185.
- Technical Workshop 1 or 2 – (in BLUE) 2 hr small group workshop to understand your camera’s basic functions – $100
- Night Photography – (in BLUE) 2 hr group workshop photographing NY’s exciting dark side – $100
- NEW Portrait Workshop - (in GREEN) 2 hr group workshop learning how to take incredible portraits – $100
- NEW Architecture/Landscape Workshop - GREEN) 2 hr group session, NYC is the perfect location for this workshop! – $100
- Paypal fee refunds are given within 7 days if student cancels 48 hr notice, can reschedule for another date. NO refunds are given if student cancels the day of the session or is a no show.
- Minimum of 3 participants per class
- email jf(a)SundaysInNY.com to schedule classes
PROMO VOUCHER PARTICIPANTS – CHECK YOUR FINE PRINT
- Composition Session promo pick 1st and 2nd date/time choices of classes in RED ONLY
- Private Image Review Session promos are scheduled on weekdays or weeknights. Email cell number and choices of days/times to jf(a)SundaysInNY.com
- To REDEEM send an email with voucher number, date/time, 2 choices, full name and cell phone. A confirmation email will be sent
- Strict 48 hr cancellation policy, no shows=no reschedule (1 reschedule allowed)
- SIGN UP EARLY!! Class sessions FILL UP and are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY CLOSE TO EXPIRATION (the voucher is valid when used by the expiration date – do not wait until the end!!). It is the participant’s responsibility to schedule sessions BEFORE expiration.
- EXPIRED VOUCHER’S value used against the current rate (flat fee – $50)
- Cancellation – 48 hrs notice
- To cancel/reschedule, please send an email to
- Refunds are given within 7 days with 48 hr cancellation notice, or credit applies towards another session
- No refunds are given with cancellation the day of the session
- sorry….NO SHOWS = NO RESCHEDULING = NO REFUND
- Email your choice of private or specific workshop session (no need to schedule a date
- Gifts are valid for 9 months
- Meeting instructions will be emailed to recipient or purchaser