SESSIONS FOR FALL/WINTER 2013
NEW!! Portrait Workshop, Architecture/Landscape Workshop, Private Photo Critique, Composition 1 and 2, Technical 1 and 2, Night Photography
Spring, Summer and Fall Composition locations include Chinatown, The High Line, Spanish Harlem, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, E. Village, Union Square.
Winter Comp session locations include Grand Central, NY Public Library, The Met
Tech and Night classes are held in Union Square or Grand Central
December is a great time to take a private session to catch up on improving your photos with an online Image Review critique (an eye opener!), enhance your portraits, or learn the functions and settings of your camera
Composition 1 is held on Sundays at either Grand Central (Winter) or Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (Spring/Summer/Fall) both perfect locations to learn the basic, simple exercises geared to beginners for obtaining a good foundation in understanding composition and framing. In this class you learn to train your eye in “how to see.”
Composition 2 (prerequisite: have a good understanding of your camera’s basic functions or have taken Comp 1). Take the next step with your framing, photographing “the moments of energy.” The street composition sessions are held on Saturdays in ethnic neighborhoods include Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, plus Brooklyn Bridge, The High Line (in rainy weather and Winter, these classes are held in indoor locations) The Met, The NY Public Library.
Feeling foolish with your brand new DSLR camera and have no clue how to use it?? Sign up for the Technical Session! NEW Tech 1 and Tech 2. Purchase online!
Want to get your photos reviewed and find a common theme, find your style? Feeling stuck taking the same photos over again? Sign up for the Photo Critique Session where your photos are critiqued, learn self-editing skills, be aware of what your eye is drawn to, find your style, enhance your photos with simple technical tools, etc. The sessions are held online, and are private. Register online!
NEW Photoshop/Lightroom private sessions to learn the basic tools for manipulating and improving your photos in post processing, a must for photographers!
Composition classes are in RED, Technical and Night classes are in BLUE and Portrait and Architecture classes are in GREEN (see calendar and instructions below).
Check your promo fine print.
- All cameras are welcome to the Comp session, Tech class needs a DSLR
- Group sessions are 2 hrs
- F=Full (wait list available)
- Confirmation emails will be sent securing your space, followed by an email 3 days prior to each session with detailed meeting location instructions
- Sessions are paid via Paypal, there are NO refunds if cancelled on day of session.
- Children up to 15 yrs old or a participant with a disability may be accompanied by an adult
- WEATHER: Locations are subject to change. In case of inclement weather, class locations might be changed to indoor locations last minute (immediate notification will be sent via cell/text and email). If in doubt or out of the NY area, email for class confirmation
PROMO VOUCHER PARTICIPANTS – CHECK YOUR PROMO FINE PRINT
- Composition Session promo pick 1st and 2nd date/time choices of classes in RED ONLY
- Private Image Review Session promos are scheduled on weekdays or weeknights. Email cell number and choices of days/times to jf(a)SundaysInNY.com
- To REDEEM send an email with voucher number, date/time, 2 choices, full name and cell phone. A confirmation email will be sent
- Strict 48 hr cancellation policy, no shows=no reschedule
- SIGN UP EARLY!! Class sessions FILL UP and are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY CLOSE TO EXPIRATION (the voucher is valid when used by the expiration date – do not wait until the end!!). It is the participant’s responsibility to schedule sessions BEFORE expiration.
- EXPIRED VOUCHER’S value can be used against the current rate (fee $60)
- Group Composition Workshop 1 or 2 – (in RED) 2 hours – $100
- Private Photo Sessions - $295 for 1 person up to 2 hours, each additional person – $55.
- Private Photo Critique Sessions – Your photographs are analyzed with valuable comments/feedback using constructive methods. Sessions are held as a 2 way phone or Skype conversation, viewing photos online using flickr, dropbox, etc. Learn self-editing skills. 30 minutes viewing 25 photos – $95, 60 minutes, viewing 50 images – $185.
- Technical Workshop 1 or 2 – (in BLUE) 2 hr small group workshop to understand your camera’s basic functions – $100
- Private Tech Session – $295 for 1 person, $55 for each additional person.
- NEW Portrait Workshop - (in GREEN) 2 hr group workshop learning how to take incredible portraits – $100
- NEW Architecture/Landscape Workshop - GREEN) 2 hr group session, NYC is the perfect location for this workshop! – $100
- Night Photography – (in BLUE) 2 hr group workshop photographing NY’s exciting dark side – $89
- Paypal fee refunds are given within 7 days if student cancels 24 hrs before class, can reschedule for another date. NO refunds are given if student cancels the day of the session
- Minimum of 3 participants per class
- email jf(a)SundaysInNY.com to schedule classes
- Strict cancellation policy of 48 hrs
- Please respect one reschedule allowed
- To cancel/reschedule, please send an email to
- Refunds are given within 7 days with 24 hrs cancellation notice, or credit applies towards another session
- No refunds are given with cancellation the day of the session
- NO SHOWS = NO RESCHEDULING = NO REFUND
MAKES A GREAT GIFT
- Email your choice of private or specific workshop session (no need to schedule a date
- Gifts are valid for 6 months
- Meeting instructions will be emailed to recipient or purchaser