Hurry and get to Cuba before McDonald’s arrives! It’s still Cuba, just don’t wait.
Join in on the most exceptional learning experience to Cuba with the real deal… the most experienced travel photographer who’s been going there for the last 18 years and familiar with the absolute best locations. You won’t find a better host anywhere to take you to this vibrant country. Create compelling and unique travel photos with a greater sense of purpose and vision. Open to all skill levels. Havana is 8 days, Havana and Trinidad are 12 days (they always sell out!).
Schedule: 2015 – 2016
Havana – September 26-Oct. 3, 2015
Havana & Trinidad – December 10-21, 2015
Havana – February 27-March 5, 2016
Havana – April 28-May 5, 2016
Havana – May 6-13, 2016
Havana & Santiago de Cuba (Carnival) – July 20-August 1, 2016
This is a legal licensed trip open to all photo skill levels. Whether it’s the antique American cars, the gorgeous old faded buildings, the kids diving off the Malecón wall into the crystal blue ocean or the colorful friendly warm people, you’ll want to go before the full embargo lifts and becomes flooded with US tourists. The trick is not what to take photos of, but how to sort through the endless photographic possibilities. Email Judith if you are interested: jf(at)SundaysInNY.com
SESSIONS FOR SPRING 2015 (calendar coming soon)
Photo Critiques, Composition 1 and 2, (NEW) Review Photos At The Met
SPRING Composition locations will include The Met, Grand Central, Central Park, Chinatown, Spanish Harlem
ALL SESSIONS CAN NOW BE PURCHASED AS PRIVATES
GIVE A PRIVATE AS A GIFT!
WE WILL BEGIN A CLASS CALLED CRITIQUE AT THE MET, DELVING DEEPER INTO PHOTOGRAPHS AT THE MUSEUM, UNDERSTANDING HOW PHOTOGRAPHER’S THINK, WHILE WE CREATE IMAGES AS WELL (all levels welcome).
Composition 1 is held on Sundays at either Grand Central (Winter) or Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (Spring/Summer/Fall) both perfect locations to learn the basic, simple exercises geared to beginners for obtaining a good foundation in understanding composition and framing. In this class you learn to train your eye in “how to see.” Add the Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
Composition 2 (prerequisite: good understanding of your camera’s basic functions). Take the next step with your framing, capturing moments. The street composition sessions are held on Saturdays in neighborhoods: Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, Brooklyn Bridge, The High Line, The Met, The NY Public Library. Add the Private Critique to your Composition class and save $
This is the place to get your photos reviewed, find a common theme, or even find your style. Are you feeling stuck taking the same photos with no improvement? Sign up for the Private Critique where your photos are critiqued in a small group session. Learn self-editing, what your eye is drawn to, find your style, enhance your photos with simple technical tools, etc. The sessions are held live, as group or private. Register online! Add a Composition class to your Private Critique, save $
- All cameras are welcome to the Comp session, Tech Private session needs a DSLR
- Confirmation emails will be sent for classes securing your space, followed by an email 3 days prior to each session with detailed meeting location instructions
- Sessions are paid via Paypal, there are NO refunds if cancelled on day of session.
- Children up to 13 yrs old and participant with a disability may be accompanied by an adult
- WEATHER: Locations are subject to change. In case of inclement weather, class locations might be changed to indoor locations last minute (immediate notification will be sent via cell/text and email). If in doubt or out of the NY area, email for class confirmation
- Group Composition Class 1 or 2 – (in RED) 2 hours – $100
- All Private Photo Sessions - $299 for 1 person up to 2 hours, each additional person – $99.
- Photo Critique Private – Receive valuable comments/feedback on your images. Sessions are held online. Private fee: 30 minutes viewing 15 photos – $95, 60 minutes, viewing 40 images – $185.
- Technical Private Workshop – 2 hr private workshop to understand your camera’s basic functions – $299
- Night Photography – 2 hr private workshop photographing NY’s exciting dark side – $299
- Portrait Workshop - 2 hr private workshop learning how to take incredible portraits – $299
- Architecture/Landscape Workshop - 2 hr private session, NYC is the perfect location for this private session! – $299
- Minimum of 3 participants per class
- email jf(a)SundaysInNY.com to schedule classes
- Cancellation – 48 hrs notice
- To cancel/reschedule, please send an email to
- Paypal fee refunds are given within 7 days if student cancels 48 hr notice, can reschedule for another date. NO refunds are given if student cancels the day of the session or is a no show.
- No refunds are given when canceling the day of the session
- NO SHOWS = NO RESCHEDULING = NO REFUND
- Email your choice of a private workshop session (no need to schedule a date)
- Gifts are valid for 6 months
- Meeting instructions will be emailed to recipient or purchaser