Hurry and get to Cuba before McDonald’s! It’s still Cuba, just don’t wait.
Join in on the most exceptional learning experience to Cuba with the real deal… the most experienced travel photographer who’s been going for the last 18 years and familiar with the absolute best locations. You won’t find a better host to take you to this vibrant country. Open to all skill levels. Havana is 8 days, Havana and Trinidad are 12 days (they always sell out!).
Havana – April 28-May 5, 2016
Havana – May 6-13, 2016
Havana & Santiago de Cuba (Carnival) – July 20-August 1, 2016
This is a legal licensed trip open to all photo skill levels. Whether it’s the antique American cars, the gorgeous old faded buildings, the kids diving off the Malecón wall into the crystal blue ocean or the colorful friendly warm people, you’ll want to go before the full embargo lifts and becomes flooded with US tourists. The trick is not what to take photos of, but how to sort through the endless photographic possibilities. Email Judith if you are interested.
PRIVATE COMPOSITION SESSIONS FOR 2016
ALL SESSIONS ARE PRIVATES
Makes a great gift!
WE WILL BEGIN A CLASS CALLED CRITIQUE AT THE MET, DELVING DEEPER INTO PHOTOGRAPHS AT THE MUSEUM, UNDERSTANDING HOW PHOTOGRAPHER’S SEE AND THINK, WHILE WE CREATE IMAGES AS WELL (all levels welcome). Composition 1 is held at Grand Central (Winter) or Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (Spring/Summer/Fall) all perfect locations to learn with basic, simple exercises geared to anyone wanting to improve their eye with a good foundation in understanding composition and framing. In this class you learn to train your eye in “how to see.”
Composition 2 (prerequisite: good understanding of your camera’s basic functions). Take the next step with your framing in capturing moments. The street composition sessions are held in various neighborhoods: Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, Brooklyn Bridge, The Met, The NY Public Library. Private Critique is where you get your photos reviewed. We find a common theme where your style is uncovered. This is where you also learn self-editing, what your eye is drawn to, find your style and then enhance your photos with simple technical tools. The private Critique Sessions are held online in real time. If you are feeling stuck taking the same photos with no improvement, you will want to experience the Private Critique. Add a Private Composition session to your Private Critique, save $
- All cameras are welcome to the Comp session, Tech Private session needs a DSLR
- Confirmation emails will be sent for sessions, followed by an email 3 days prior to each session with detailed meeting location instructions
- Sessions are paid via Paypal, with NO refunds if cancelled within two days of the session..
- Children under 13 yrs old and a participant with a disability may be accompanied by an adult
- WEATHER: Locations are subject to change. In case of inclement weather, class locations might be changed last minute (immediate notification will be sent via cell/text and email). If in doubt or out of the NY area, email for confirmation
- Private Composition Session – $299 for 1 person up to 2 hours. Private half day and groups sessions are available for all workshops
- Photo Critique Private – Receive valuable comments/feedback on your images. Private Sessions are held online. The fee: 30 minutes viewing 15 photos – $99, 60 minutes, viewing 40 images – $189, 90 minutes viewing 70 photos – $279
- Private Technical Workshop – 2 hr private workshop to understand your camera’s basic functions – $299
- Private Night Photography – 2 hr private workshop photographing NY’s exciting dark side – $299
- Private Portrait Photography – 2 hr private workshop learning how to take incredible portraits – $299
- Architecture/Landscape Workshop – 2 hr private session, NYC is the perfect location for this private session! – $299
- Foreign students paying via credit card there is a $25 fee per session
- Cancellation – 48 hrs notice for rescheduling
- To cancel/reschedule, please send an email
- Paypal fee refunds are given with 7 days notice. If student cancels within 48 hr, credit is given to reschedule for another date (NO refunds are given if student cancels within 48 hours).
- Email your choice of a private workshop session (no need to schedule a date)
- Gifts are valid to schedule within 6 months, and no refunds are given after 2 months
- Meeting instructions will be emailed to recipient or purchaser